Thursday, August 08, 2013

Worth It!

Pardon my lack of blogging, but I have been loving on my baby:) Okay and sleeping a lot. 

Here I am with my three amigos a few days before Blake joined our crew. 

I smiled, but I was scared to death!  The IV was in at this point and so was the baby so their was no turning back. 

And we did it. I won't bore you with the details, but we are all good and healing nicely. 

The new little Mister is Blake Landon Baker.  He weighed 7lbs 13 oz and was 21 inches long. How did he fit in me? A miracle I tell you. This little man gets to be named after his Uncle Landon. We hope he is a determined, righteous, and hard working man like his uncle.  



My other little mister's came to visit me in the hospital. The two older...totally smitten with Blake.  Cole, um it took some getting used to the idea and he wasn't too interested in me either. 

Can you believe I have four sons. I must have done something right because I'm feeling pretty blessed. 


Besides seeing the baby, the boys really just liked Tad to get them these little 7ups. They are adorable, I couldn't blame them. 

This woman is AMAZING! My sister Allie said, "When I have a baby I better get 9 days of mom too."  Well we have been spoiled and we are grateful.  She does amazing things like watches the baby at night so I can sleep peacefully.  She cleans, loves my boys, carts us around (no small feat!), and makes the most delicious food that my hungry post-pardum body loves. She has my boys all this week at her house and I'm really grateful for what an amazing mom I have.  Feeling very blessed.  Not to mention all those at home (Dad, Al, Jo, and Heb) who sacrificed with out her. I really appreciate you guys! 




 
My favorite things thus far about Blake. He is super gassy! Like great gassy. He gets his burps and farts out!  I love a healthy digestive system because I have had kids who don't have one of those.  I had told the boys that babies who have mom's milk don't stink. Wrong! This boy stinks, but I love it.  He sleeps really well. I love to snuggle him and just look at him all day long.  I love to nurse him. I'm really just loving this baby!

My sweet Dad came for Saturday and Sunday to see little Blake and I.  We enjoyed his company and his effort to come see us even though he is super busy and tired.   

The little man trying to sneak sucking those fingers...that's a no no says Momma Hygienist:)



  Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of Tad with Blake. I will have to repent when he gets home.  Tad has been amazing and I couldn't do any of this without him.  He takes such good care of me. He is such a great Dad and I love building this family with him. 

7 comments:

Cammy Patton said...

Beautiful pictures and what a beautiful baby! Such a tender post. Made me a bit emotional. Welcome Baby Blake!

Annie B Larson said...

So glad you are doing well and getting spoiled. I've been a little tempted to run away and come visit, but with no car to drive it might be difficult, so thanks for posting so I could see those great little faces. Love ya!

Jackie said...

I am truly happy for you guys. You make some pretty cute boys and I am glad you are recovering well and enjoying your little Blake's cuteness. Wish we could come hold him. One day...=(

Elaine Baker said...

What a sweet post, Megan. I love those 5 boys as well. Can't wait to hold the newest addition. Thank your Mom and Dad again for all their help. We appreciate it on this end, especially when it's so difficult to get away myself.

Jensen Family said...

Congrats Megan! Beautiful little guy!

Stacy said...

What a cute family you have. So glad Blake is here safe and sound. I agree. Your mom is a rock star. You all are such great people! I love that you love his farts and burps. We moms really appreciate some funny/wonderful things.

Tammy said...

Congratulations Megan and Tad! Love your post. You have a beautiful family and such an adorable little addition. Glad everything is going well for you. Take Care!

Blog Archive